Jonathan's principal areas of practice are in construction, professional negligence and commercial disputes. Before calling to the Bar, Jonathan was a partner in a leading firm of commercial solicitors. He has a strong interest and practice in alternative dispute resolution, particularly in arbitration and adjudication.
Jonathan is ranked by Chambers UK in Construction and in Professional Negligence and is ranked by Legal 500 in Commercial Litigation. He has LLP board experience and was ranked as a Band 1 solicitor in Construction by Chambers UK. He is a director of the Scottish Arbitration Centre, a past Chairman of the Scottish Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and was lead drafter of the Scottish Arbitration Code 2007.
- Stewart Milne Westhill v Halliday Fraser Munro  CSOH 76
- Aviva Investors Pensions v McDonald’s Restaurants  CSOH 009A
- Royal Bank of Scotland v Halcrow Waterman  CSOH 173
- Whyte and Mackay v Blyth & Blyth Consulting Engineers  CSOH 54; 2013 SLT 555
- Manchester Associated Mills v Mitchells & Butler Retail  CSOH 2; 2013 SCLR 440