Richard Keen QC was appointed Advocate General for Scotland on 29th May 2015 and as such is currently a non-practising member of Axiom.
Richard Keen QC is regularly instructed in the Commercial Court; in the Inner House (the Court of Appeal in Scotland) and in the Supreme Court in a range of Commercial and Public Law cases. He is highly regarded for his advocacy particularly in complex commercial litigation and cases involving extensive expert evidence in areas including science, engineering and economics. He is also instructed in matters of insurance, company law and civil fraud. He was instructed for the contractors insurance and reinsurance interest in respect of the Piper Alpha disaster. He led the defence of Lamin Fhimah at the trial of Megrahi and Fhimah in respect of the Lockerbie Pan Am bombing. More recently he acted for Weir Group plc in the claims and prosecution arising out of breaches of the UN Iraq sanctions.
- Imperial Tobacco Limited v The Lord Advocate  UKSC 61
- Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland v Lloyds Banking Group Plc  UKSC 3
- South Lanarkshire Council v The Scottish Information Commissioner  UKSC 55
- Perry and others v Serious Organised Crime Agency  UKSC 35
- McGraddie v McGraddie and another  UKSC 58