Ross has a broad practice focusing mainly on commercial law. He has particular interests in property litigation and professional negligence. He has appeared in the Inner and Outer House of the Court of Session and in the Sheriff Court (first instance and appeal). He regularly appears in the commercial courts.
Before calling to the Bar, Ross worked for 9 years as a commercial litigation solicitor with one of Scotland's large commercial law firms.
In addition to his court appearance and advisory work, he has represented clients at mediation, third party expert determination and arbitration.
- PDPF GP Limited v Santander UK plc  CSOH 40
- Abram v British International Helicopters Limited  CSOH 69 and  CSIH 53
- Worbey & Farrell v Elliott  CSOH 19
- Prow v Argyll & Bute Council  CSOH 77 and  CSIH 23
- Public local inquiry in connection with The Rosyth International Container Terminal (Harbour Revision) Order