A graduate of St Andrews University and Edinburgh University, Miranda trained and subsequently practised as a solicitor for several years in Edinburgh, where she built up extensive experience in the field of litigation and other forms of dispute resolution open to clients in the construction, engineering, oil and gas industries. She gained experience of advising both domestic and internationally-based clients.
As an advocate, Miranda has built upon her experience gained whilst a solicitor and practises extensively in the field of construction and engineering disputes. These have concerned alleged professional negligence of construction professionals, contract claims and adjudicators’ decisions.
Miranda is also frequently instructed in other commercial disputes and in negligence claims against medical and other professionals. In that regard, she acts, and has acted for, Health Boards in a variety of professional negligence actions.
She is listed as a leading junior for construction in the 2016 edition of Legal 500.
- Anderson Floor Warming Limited v Antrim Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Limited 2015 CSOH 164
- Stork Technical Services (RBG) Ltd v Ross's Executor 2015 SLT 160
- Friends Provident Life Assurance Limited v Sir Robert McAlpine Limited  CSOH 74
- Richard Heis and Others as Joint Administrators of Connaught Partnerships Ltd (In Administration) v Perth and Kinross Council 2014 SLT 608; G.W.D. 13-229
- CSC Braehead Leisure Ltd v Laing O'Rourke Scotland Ltd  CSOH 119;  BLR 49;  GWD 31-472