Since calling to the Bar in 2003, Jonathan has been involved in wide range of commercial and public law litigation. His experience includes construction and contractual disputes, claims by commercial agents, the enforcement of high-value property purchases and the bringing of the first derivative action under the Companies Act 2006. Jonathan is also regularly instructed in professional negligence cases and recently has been involved in a number claims relating to the administration of pensions and other investments.
In public law, Jonathan has been regularly instructed in judicial reviews and statutory appeals both against and on behalf of the Scottish Government. He has also represented the Security Industry Authority, the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission, the Scottish Legal Aid Board and local authorities in housing matters. He was instructed by the successful appellants in the important freedom of information case, Glasgow City Council v The Scottish Information Commissioner.
- SSE Generation Ltd v Hochtief Solutions AG  BLR 774,  PNLR 6
- Royal Bank of Scotland v O'Donnell  CSIH 84, 2015 SC 258
- Ted Jacob Engineering Group Inc v RMJM  CSIH 18, 2014 SC 579
- South Lanarkshire Council v Scottish Information Commissioner 2014 SC (UKSC) 1
- Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland v Lloyds Banking Group Plc 2013 SC (UKSC) 169