Gavin J G Walker graduated with honours from Aberdeen University in 1993 and obtained his Diploma in Legal Practice in 1994. He became a solicitor in 1996 and passed advocate in 2003. As a solicitor he practiced in general commercial contract litigation, construction and engineering.
His principal areas of practice since calling to the Bar have continued to focus on commercial contract litigation and construction but also include professional liability (particularly related to construction professionals such as architects and engineers), property and intellectual property. Gavin is routinely instructed in complex, high value cases. He has been instructed as lead counsel along with a junior. He is ranked by Chambers UK in 5 key practice areas (Professional Negligence, Construction, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Commercial Dispute Resolution).
- Scottish Lion Insurance  CSIH 18
- Atholl Developments (Slackbuie) Limited v UBC Group Limited  CSOH 94
- Albert Bartlett & Sons Limited v Gilchrist & Lynn Limited  CSOH 125
- Lesley Bothwell v Messrs DM Hall  CSOH 24
- Link Housing Association Limited v The Gray Aitken Partnership  CSIH 4