Roisin Higgins called to the Bar having trained and subsequently practised with two large Edinburgh commercial firms, where she specialised in commercial litigation. She has significant experience in the field of commercial litigation, including disputes arising out of commercial and construction contracts, as well as property litigation. She also has a particular specialism in intellectual property, having been involved in a significant number of cases of patent, trade mark and copyright infringement, as well as passing off, breach of confidence, design rights and plant variety rights.
She appears predominantly in the Court of Session, both at first instance and in appeals, though has also appeared in the sheriff court and at arbitration. She also gives regular lectures and seminars in the field of intellectual property law and is a door tenant at 8 New Square, Lincoln's Inn.
- Bayer Cropscience KK v Charles River Laboratories & Anr.  CSOH 158
- Martin Hines & Ors. v King Sturge LLP  CSIH 86, 2009 SLT 763
- City Inn Limited v Shepherd Construction Limited  BLR 473,  BLR 269
- Cala Management Ltd v The Firm of Messrs A & E Sorrie  CSOH 79
- Arrow Generics Limited v Akzo Nobel NV 2008 SC 518, 2006 SLT 919