Garry Borland QC specialises in commercial law, including disputes relating to commercial contracts, commercial property, company law and insolvency, construction and engineering, and energy.
Garry is rated by Chambers UK Bar directory as a Band 1 silk for commercial litigation; for construction; and also for restructuring and insolvency work. He is recommended by The Legal 500 for company and insolvency work, and also in construction. The 2017 edition of Chambers describes him as "Super bright"; "One of the most technically gifted advocates around"; "His eye for detail and clarity of delivery are superb"; "a standout advocate"; "he has a speed and accuracy of analysis that few can match"; "an excellent strategist"; "unrivalled in his ability to immerse himself in the complexity of cases".
Companies Garry has acted for include: ABB, Aker, AMEC, Andritz, Balfour Beatty, Bilfinger Berger, BP, Bouygues, Cairn Energy, Carillion, Carlsberg/Heineken, ConocoPhillips, Galliford Try, Grant Thornton, Iberdrola, Kier, Laing O'Rourke, Lend Lease, Martin Currie, Sir Robert McAlpine, Morgan Sindall, Ryder System, Ryder Cup Europe, Scottish Power, SSE, Scottish Widows, Shepherd Construction, Spie Matthew Hall, Stora Enso, Tesco and Va Tech Wabag.
- Secretary of State for Defence v Turner Estate Solutions Ltd,  EWHC 244 (TCC)
- Credential Jersey Ltd v DLA Piper Scotland LLP,  CSOH 96
- Morgan Utilities Ltd v Scottish Water Solutions Ltd  CSOH 112
- R&D Construction Group Ltd v Hallam Land Management Ltd 2011 SC 286
- City Inn Ltd v Shepherd Construction Ltd  BLR 473